Sunday 31 August 2008

Sunday 31/8

Type: Long
Time: 2hrs 38mins
Distance: 17.6miles
Pace: 9m/m

It took me forever to actually get out this run! I got up really early and was nice and refreshed but I didn't head out until after 12.30pm. There were a few little problems with this run, overall though I was pleased with how I felt at the end.

Strangely, at the start I was completely knackered. My legs felt very heavy and I seemed to be very close to the ground, like I was really having to push off with every step...if that makes sense? Then, I chose a very very hilly few miles in the first few miles of the run. It was on road, but on back roads and I had to stop once or twice as the uphills were so daunting. Passed a few runners coming in the opposite direction so maybe I chose the wrong direction!

I think the reason may be that my shoes are worn out. When I got back from Barcelona my dad had left a note in my shoes saying something along the lines of "DO NOT run in these shoes, you're going to injure yourself permanantly...buy a new pair!!"
So I guess I should. I'm going to miss my old Adrenalines though! (sniff sniff)

Oh, and another thing. I've found my song of the moment. It's shocking - it's some teenage american princess off of a tv show my little sister tells me, but the song got me going during my big hill at the end of my run! For the first time in ages it made me run along with a huge smile on my face! Cars must have given me weird looks, but I really didn't care...this song totally boosted my spirits! The song is called "See you again" by Miley Cyrus.

Oh, and my mileage for August comes to a grand total of 109.98miles, with a 10 mile cycle too.

No comments: