Thursday 21 August 2008

A thought...

I'm on my lunch break at work at the moment and I'm thinking about my long run later. I've got a route planned out, though it includes about 3 miles of ascent towards the end, followed by a long winding downhill. I'm feeling a bit mixed about this run.
I wouldn't normally write this down, but i have a bit of time to kill so I will. Firstly, I'm planning on taking this as slow as I like. I feel a bit apprehensive, like something is going to go wrong, I don't know why but I hopefully will be fine. I'm going away tomorrow which I'm so excited about as there'll be a little reunion for me - another thing which I'm really apprehensive about!! I've been thinking about it for a while now so I reckon the run will be a good head clearer...then I'll go home, have dinner, pack and get an early night. Gotta be up at 4am!!!

I could just miss out this long run, then however I'd only have one long run before the GSR half on September 7th, and I'd like to run Loch Ness in a good time.

On another note, I got my Nike+ fixed. I checked on the net and it seemed that people in America could take theirs to the Apple stores to get the batteries replaced. So I phoned up the Apple store in Buchanan St and booked an appointment to go in. When I did, the guy (who was very friendly) seemed a bit perplexed. He spent a while asking around, looking on his computers to see how on Earth the tiny little battery could be extracted and changed in this tiny wee device. Eventually, however, he just gave up.........and gave me a whole new one! Even opened the packet and handed it to me (: A great success - saved paying £19 for another one!!!!! So for any queries or worries you have about apple or related products, I'd definitely recommend going in to ask at the Apple store. They were so charming I was almost conned into buying another ipod (I have 5 already!).

Anyhoo, will update later tonight on the run. Best get back to work now. 3 hours till finitooooooo...

No comments: