Wednesday 15 August 2007

Cancelled Run

I was going to run tonight in the "Canal Canter" - a 7k race in Bishopbriggs organised by Springburn Harriers (I think), however one of my dad's clients arranged a meeting with her son, who is an actuary. I spoke to him for a bit...I guess the time is coming to think about career options now. To be honest from the sounds of what he said a Stats degree would be more relevant for that kind of work, I doubt I'd be able to apply "groups, rings and fields"....So yes, I kind of figured that was a bit more important than running plus it meant I was able to come out afterwards and...well, studying was the plan, however I've spent the past while looking up funny pictures of cats and downloading music (legally, of course...)

I was going to run this afternoon but my dad has fractured his arm and I drove him home from the hospital so I thought it best to stay in with him. We watched Malcolm in the Middle. Felt a little guilty for not doing work on my project or running, I have to say. Truthfully though, come late afternoon I'm totally knackered, I'm not entirely sure why. I WANT to run, but the thought of having a bad run (as I seem to have convinced myself it would be) is not a theory I want to put into practice.

According to my home-adapted training schedule I have a threshold run scheduled tomorrow...or one at half marathon pace. The only problem with these kinds of runs is that I tend to slow right down on the hills, so I don't sustain the pace for the entire run. Mind you in the last half marathon, I ended up speeding the first 6 miles and falling right back later, so I don't think I had an equal pace there either. Is that called positive splitting? I don't know.

No comments: