Tuesday 21 August 2007

Monday 20/08

Type: Long
Time: 1hr50mins
Distance: 12.7miles
Pace: 8.6m/m
Rating: 6.5

This was a fantastic run. I felt guilty about not doing a run on Sunday but I didn't return from up north until 11.30pm and I was knackered. I meant to take my running stuff to I'ness with me but I kinda ran out the door and forgot about it. Anonymous was a little bit peeved I think, he wanted to try some new cycle routes on his new bike, but hey. Next time. So today I ran about the West End for a change after I left work. I used to do runs there in the morning before I started my marathon training properly...they were pretty short runs, but today I sort of stuck them all together into one big run just under 13miles. I was really chuffed because I kept a fairly consistent pace throughout the run, and I sped up too at some parts, even towards the end which I never used to be able to do on my long runs. I wonder if it's because I'm doing more speedwork than last time before the half? I just hope it holds.

Only problem here was that afterwards, I had a slight pain in the back of my heel, is that the achilles tendon? It disappeared after a couple of hours and only appeared at the end of the run but it was fairly uncomfortable immediately after the run. It's so annoying! I've been running injury free for a long time now, I used to be injured all the time, I thought I was eating the right nutrients and following the right training plan now...maybe not, it seems.

No comments: