Saturday 11 August 2007

Saturday 4/08

Type: Long
Time: 1hr 22mins
Distance: 9.2miles
Pace: 8.5m/m
Rating: 6

This was a fairly slow long run (or at least it felt fairly slow...I'm not sure how consistant my pacing is) I managed everything well, EXCEPT for the long hill that is Boclair Road. That hill was always a killer on my pre-marathon long runs, especially because it was so early into the run. I'd developed my own rhythm and mentality which enabled me to get up the hill before, though I seemed to have lost it all today. This was the first time I'd been up it since the marathon...and it was just as I remember. Nasty. I didn't stop (I never have going up it) but I certainly felt I could have on the last few steps onto the flat at the top.
However, consoling me completely was the fact that I managed every other run on the route with expert ease - even subconsciously feeling my pace quicken on some. Rock on.

This weekend I didn't get any other running done as I had a visitor, but to be honest (and this is going to become a recurring sentence) I could feel my cold coming back again. So maybe a real rest was in order.

My goal for next week was same as last week, just building up the mileage...only to add some more speed.

No comments: