Sunday 12 August 2007

Sunday 12/08

Type: Long
Time: 1hr 53mins
Distance: 12.7miles
Pace: 8.9m/m
Rating: 8

Longest run I've done since May...which meant it was a bit tough for the last mile or so (especially because of the dreaded uphill home straight) but managed it quite well. The weather was great too - terrible rain and then the brightest sunshine.....before rain again. Only thing was, my ipod shuffle didn't take the rain quite so well....it broke. Gutted. So I had no music for the most part of my run, but it was actually kinda nice for a change.

And also, the coolest thing imaginable (or one of the coolest things at least) happened today. Just after the big hill on Boclair Road...there's a little traffic calming thing which tells you your speed and gives you a =) if you go under 30mph. So, once all the cars had gone past, and I had gotten my breath back from the hill, I picked up the pace a bit and went past it and.....it flashed!!! 6mph and a wee =) was what I got, I was so shocked! I went back to look but cars must've thought I was insane because i stood there for so long...so I just moved on and kept smiling the rest of the run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, welldone with all your runs. I couldn't even make it out of the street let alone do millions of miles. Keep it up.

xtine said...

Thank you very much Hannah Banana.