Thursday 16 August 2007

Thursday 16/08

Type: Easy
Time: 31mins50secs
Distance: 3.64miles
Pace: 8.45m/m
Rating: 5

Just a wee easy run today, I really wanted to get out even though I wasn't planning to run today (I forgot, the half paced run was for tomorrow) Got up a fair bit earlier today because I needed to do the school run, so was nice to be out earlier for a change. Plus I love speeding past all the traffic when everyone's stuck because of the closed road...I studied for a while earlier and stumbled upon last year's running diary. I had written a little summary at the back about all the things I wanted to achieve this year and I'm so glad to say that a lot of them seem to have happened! I don't like to compare, I hate to dwell in the past or worry about the future but I must say it's nice to think how far you've come in your training.
One thing which worries me slightly however is that before the half marathon last year I had a lot of high mileages under my belt, though very little speed work. These past few months I've been concentrating a lot on speedwork rather than distance (especially since the actual marathon) In retrospect I think I fell back into training too quickly, hence I couldn't face long runs at first. Now however I'm hoping to fit in two good length runs before the GSR at the start of September.

In other news I may be doing a WHW run tomorrow with my cycling friend, that's if he gets the last bus back from Edinburgh tonight. Watch this space...

No comments: