Wednesday 29 August 2007

Wednesday 29/08

Type: Fartlek
Time: 42mins34secs
Distance: 5.05miles
Rating: 6

11min warm up - 9.14m/m
Then different speeds for 20mins ranging from 45secs to 2mins30secs
Then 10mins26secs cool down - 9m/m
At the very end of this session (as I usually do on fartleks) I did a hill sprint up the massive hill to my house. Took 25secs and usually makes my lungs hurt quite badly, but today I managed it with fairly impressive ease, which was good.

This will be my last speed session before the race on Sunday. My next run will be a mid length just below steady pace one. Something I've also been thinking about recently is energy drinks. That 12.7mile run I did last week I used a bottle of lucozade and a bottle of water. I also use a diluted lucozade for my 10mile run. I don't know if it does actually supply energy though or if it's just a placebo really. Ok, that's a lie, I do know it does supply energy, but I'm not quite sure how much to drink and when. I take some gulps before I know I have a hard part ahead, and a few sips sometimes if I feel water's not enough. Having said that though, but the end of my run I feel quite sick at the thought of the sweetness of lucozade and just want water.
At the 10miler in Toronto they supplied Gatorade which I must say was definitely less sweet, and definitely the most disgusting thing I've ever drunk while running. I also spilled it ALL down me at the first energy stand and so completed the race with a horrible pink stain down my top. Not the most ideal situation I must say.

Anyway, enough talk for today.

No comments: