Tuesday 14 August 2007

Tuesday 14/08

Type: Fartlek
Time: 48mins
Distance: 5.8miles
Rating: 6.5

6min50sec warm up, then different speeds from 30seconds to 3minutes. Was trying to work on stride length...like I tell myself everytime I run fast, though I think I was concentrating more on not slowing down. The 30second session was EXTREMELY fast, on a rough muddy path too, so I almost tripped over my own feet. tsk. Something awesome though - one of the roads on the way to my house was closed to all traffic, and so all the roads leading up to it had one lane coned off....an excellent opportunity for some real road running without the fear of being hit by a car!!! Such a good experience, speeding along a main road with all the cars crawling past in the only free lane. Very cool.
Finished with an 8minute gentle run back up to my house at 8.41m/m pace. As speed sessions go, I kind of make up my own rules...I don't know if doing these kinds of sessions help me, but it sure was fun today.

No comments: