Thursday 23 August 2007

Thursday 23/08

Type: Threshold
Time: 43mins
Distance: 5miles
Rating: 6

11.23mins - 1.26miles - 9m/m gentle warm up
12.49mins - 1.56miles - 8.12m/m
11mins - 1.25miles - 8.5m/m
7.41mins - 0.91miles - 8.28m/m
This was a really good run all in all. I'm a bit disappointed with the last pacing, I would have liked to have crept back up to the 8.10/15 m/m pace but hey. My legs did feel a little more tired than usual, I think that was the back to back longer runs, and I did experience a few pains - one in the heel, one in my right calf. However during the warm up I slowed right down and really moved the muscles - stretched my toes and feet right out on every strike and that really seemed to help. I have noticed that my calves have been sore recently - they're the areas which need the recovery I think more so than anywhere else - I think that's maybe because I've been doing more hill running. I'm not sure what the next course of action should be, if I should fall back on the speed on the hills or if I should just try and exclude some hills from my runs. Tough one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous approves of you running less hills